Friday, October 1, 2010

Broadway Musical Awesomeness

I love broadway musicals. I was hooked when I first came to NY and saw the beautiful show which is no longer on Broadway, "Beauty and the Beast" in 2005. That was my first time experience, and I still remember how much I was moved and impressed.

Since then I saw "Chicago", "The Phantom of the Opera", "Lion King", etc....to name a few. I can't imagine the life of being a part of musical staff. They don't have one day off, people....it's a serious business....they perform 8 times a week for god knows how long!?!? During that performence, they have rehearsal, practice, and training, maintaining, and their own private life.....and don't forget about the orchestra people...they are fucking amazing each performance, and I am simply impressed by their professionalism!!!!


Million Dollar Quartet is a relatively new on Broadway.....it's about the first time and last time jam session with 4 greats....Elvis, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Carl Perkins. I got to meet the casts after the show (all thanks to my favorite intern company!), and I got to hear how their life has been. Ahhh the guy who is acting Elvis does really look like and sound like Elvis!!!



MUST WATCH #1 LIST!!!!
FELA!

"I LOVE IT!!!!"

It's about this talented man from Nigeria who can sing, play, conduct, and can have as many wifes as he wants!lol
I won't say much about this, all I gotta say is just go watch it! You will be so energized after watching it, and you don't even need any redbull shit.


AWESOME NEW MUSICAL RIGHT HEREEEEEEEE......

You have no idea how many American people love Green Day.
Not only the teenagers who wants be a punk kids, but also there are so many older people who really love them!

I'm not a rock or punk music fan, but I liked American Idiot album, because they actually made an complete "Album" with meanings not just putting all the songs in a one place.

People don't buy albums in our generation anymore,
reason 1: the artists don't put enough effort to make good albums.
reason 2: people only buy a song online.
reason 3: people don't listen to albums and listen song by song in their iPod shuffle.

well there should be more reasons, but anyhow Greenday album was made so well, and now it's on the Broadway show, and I think it's a great thing!
They meant to make a story in their album, so the music director of the show did really really well on transforming the punk/rock tunes into musical flavored tunes without losing any intensity and energy.

When I went to see the show (for free once again, thanks to my ex-cowokers....), the main vocalist of Greenday, Billie was happened to be on the stage. I didn't know he would be there, so that was a good surprise, and I really enjoyed every scene.


Come Fly Away is now closed, but I'm very glad that I could see it!!!! (with Student Discount!)
They used All Frank Sinatra's music, and there is no single dialogs. They performed with only their facial expression and fabulous dance moves. Only thing I hated was all the dancers were too good, way too good. I couldn't focus on one dancer and missed so many good moves...

New York City...

I cannot be impressed enough.

2 comments: