Friday, August 6, 2010

INSPIRED BY MOS DEF

I just found this documentary video, and I'm totally inspired by one of the BEST hip hop artists, Mos Def.


He is not only the sickest rapper, but also he is the smartest guy who I can truly respect.
This video is quite long, but it's really worth to watch.
You can see his artistic perspectives of his music as well as many Japanese cultures through his eyes.

In his interview, he is mentioning something like this....

"You can't stop history.
You can't stop the determined soul.

Don't stop, coz you don't wanna be the wrong side of history.
You don't wanna be on side of the history that poses the opposition to those spirits.
You wanna be on the history that cultivate on the spirit."

(Those are not the exact words, but he's saying something like this later in this video....)

I always tell myself.

Always, be inspired.
Don't get used to it.

I'll add his words into my dictionary from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment